Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Home is Where My Habits Have a Habitat

I am a nail biter. I'm not sure when it really started but i'm pretty sure it has only gotten worse. Right now i am completely stressed out and the brunt of it has been taken out on my poor little nails. I didn't notice how horrible they were until i realized that they almost look as awful as the example of extreme biting on Wikipedia. Eek.

Then on the subway i saw this man with perfectly glossed lips and shiny well manicured nails. I looked at the nubs of my nails and felt slightly jealous/disappointed that he looked so much better than I did! I'm not sure what the cure is-less stress? Impossible! I attempted to paint gross tasting polish on them but then i just added a new habit of picking it off and then biting. Or not even biting them but peeling the nail. Gross.

If all else fails i could always go to a rehab clinic for nail biting. All I need to do is hop on a plane to Venlo, Netherlands and start my treatment.

No comments: