Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Bachelor Gone Wrong

I am a fan of reality tv (even though i kicked my Hills habit long ago-seriously nothing happens on that show!). I have also tried to be on a couple of reality shows-those details will have to be for another blog ;). The one show i would actually be scared to go on would be The Bachelor because knowing my luck I will end up on national tv bawling in a limo.

Well, tonights Bachelor finale made me so disgusted. The poor protagonist was supposed to be Jason Mesnick who presented himself as the ultimate good guy- devoted to his son and all he wants is some amazing family. He originally proposed to an adorable Melissa but 6 weeks later changes his mind and picks the other girl. WTF. I am all for following your heart but breaking up with a fiancee and then five minutes later making out with another chic is completely classless and cruel. Thank you ABC and Jason for not having a soul.

I have an issue when i watch these shows-I feel so much emphathy for the nice girls who aren't chosen and are ripped apart by the lies they were told. I always think 'what if that was me?'. I am so confused by what has happened to the concept of relationships and engagements. If you don't want to 100% be in a relationship or being engaged DON'T BE IN ONE. Its not that difficult and any one who just stays in something because its easy or they just want to be laid is sad and pathetic. I can only pray that I never end up in such a situation.

No comments: