Monday, May 31, 2010

Back In NYC!

Sorry for not mentioning this earlier (I guess this is what happens when you are dealing with two blogs and a twitter) but I spent the last ten days on vacation. It was mostly another Contiki (my second one-the other was in Fall 08) and it was in the Eastern Mediterranean. It was also my first real cruise (minus those mini Bahamas vacations) which meant a lot of constant drinking and running around extremely hot locations. It was pretty fitting especially since those Sex and the City girls spent time running around another hot locale recently!

I always learn something when I travel. When I went to Scandinavia/Russia right after college graduation I found myself completely out of my element and loving that buzz which made me even more motivated to plunge right into NYC. My first Contiki in fall 08-was Eastern Europe. I was more reticent around other people and realized on that trip that I deserved to connect with people.

This past trip was a very interesting one. Every single stop was a completely different culture, lifestyle, and history (hello, pyramids!). It is also completely fascinating to me how people portray you in such a short period of time. Some of the ways i reacted was a flashback to college-same scenarios but different people. I have always felt horribly misunderstood-I love my body but I am actually quite picky with it, I am smart but I love the flighty girly things. I also always want to make sure that I 'right' everything before i leave something. I was unable to do that this time around and I am sorry for that. Very few people understand me and that is not always the easiest thing to deal with. But some people are just fantastic-I will leave it at that!

Overall, it reaffirmed my desire to grow and be happy and that most importantly that I DESERVE to be happy.

I am closer than ever to that goal-coming back to NYC i feel excited for upcoming events and to go right into another work project. And if you can return from vacation and still be excited, well, thats a milestone that I am loving :)

No comments: