Saturday, April 24, 2010

Loehmann's

I love Loehmann's. I was pretty much raised there by mother. I am buying there pretty consistently (hello gold member-my mother is a diamond member haha) and absolutely love looking at the 'how much you saved' section of my receipt. I also love collecting their coupons and using those for a big purchase.

Today I was there with an army of coupons and an even greater supply of clothes to be bought (a few new summer tops for work and a couple of travel things for my cruise). Before I left I got an e-mail for an additional coupon-I went out of my way to print it (I don't have a printer at my apt) since I read the fine print and it said I could combine the specific offers I was using.

Photobucket

I went to pay and gave my coupons. The girl said I couldn't combine both-I said I was confused because I read the coupon and it said I could. The manager came over and right away was a huge bitch. I handed it over to her so she could read the fine print-she screamed she couldn't read it. I asked if someone else could or I could read it (which I did). She then inferred that I was stupid and that she didn't let others combine them so do I deserve it? I said that the coupon says that I should be able to and it is rude that she is being nasty to me (terrible customer service). She went to find the other manager. I then heard that 'they couldn't deal with me' and had some one else just give me the discount.

I am not a bitch and I love the product there-but that service is terribly off-putting. I refuse to back down when I am not the one in the wrong. I'm sitting here with my pretty clothes but the experience was quite ugly....xoxo*

5 comments:

c said...

aww that's so awful! I've always been a loehmann's fan, but that is really unfortunate

Sabrina Z said...

omg...I love that store. I am very surprised that this happened to you. I shop in the chelsea store all the time and never had a problem with any of the managers or the associates. All the managers are accommodating and respectful whenever I go there.

Sabrina Z said...

omg...I love that store. I am very surprised that this happened to you. I shop in the chelsea store all the time and never had a problem with any of the managers or the associates. All the managers are accommodating and respectful whenever I go there.

Natalie said...

It was the UWS location.

Corporate actually gave me a call and they apologized which I thought was fantastic! There will be a followup post :)

Mags said...

I just had a terrible experience at Loehmann's last week from the manager where she humiliated me in front of a line of people over a return. Maybe I should call their corporate offices too.